I have been loving this dish for the past month & thought others may love it as much as I do.
This recipe is super healthy & very filling, it is also gluten free, dairy free, & refined sugar free.
Perfect for breakfast or snacks for the children, make it at the start of the week and it lasts about a week in the fridge (it only lasts barely 5 days in our home)
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 egg ( a vegan flax egg can be used to make this vegan)
- ¼ cup of almonds
- ¼ cup of hazelnuts
- ¼ cup of macadamia nuts
- ¼ of flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- ⅔ cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of plant based milk (I used almond & coconut blend), at room temp
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 500g of frozen mixed berries
- *Optional- ¼ of coconut or brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and prepare a serving dish
- In a large bowl combine the oats, nuts, seeds and coconut flakes, and the baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil and whisk to combine. Stir in egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Layer the frozen mixed berries at the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with left over berries & nuts, if any (for decoration)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is crisp and the middle is set.
- Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with yoghurt, ice cream or milk.
I love this after being chilled in the fridge for a few hours.
If you make this dish, please let us know how you like it in the comments and if you share it on social media tag it with #blossomfamilychiropractic
Yours in health,
Dr Diana Pakzamir